- Core Compete has launched a new Cloud Analytics initiative with AWS designed to getting more value from SAS analytic workloads by migrating to cloud
- The Cloud Workload Migration Program focuses on reducing TCO and improving performance with elastic compute
- Core Compete has tools and accelerators to provide a fast and secure migration journey
Durham, NC March 9, 2020 – Core Compete, a leader in Accelerating Cloud Analytics, today announced it has launched a new initiative with Amazon Web Services (AWS) designed to help SAS customers successfully migrate analytic workloads to the cloud and benefit from lower cost of ownership and higher performance from elastic compute.
Core Compete was named an AWS Workload Migration Partner based on a proven track record of success in migrating sophisticated SAS analytics workloads from a legacy environment to an AWS cloud environment for dozens of major customers worldwide. As a result of performing numerous SAS on AWS cloud migrations, Core Compete has developed a comprehensive set of services to support and end-to-end cloud migration journey. Throughout this process, Core Compete has built a set of tools and accelerators and a proven methodology that help ensure a successful migration in a relatively short period of time.
Core Compete’s comprehensive set of AWS service offerings are organized into five phases:
- Assess – this is a data-driven assessment of the current SAS estate and helps identify opportunities to lower TCO and increase SAS value
- Optimize – implementation of SAS code and storage optimizations to improve SAS performance
- Evolve – modernize SAS analytic workloads by migrating to AWS
- Manage – premium SAS support services to administer and monitor the SAS environment
- Govern – integration and customization of SAS Model Manager for analytics governance
Cox Automotive, one of the world’s largest intermediaries in the automotive industry with over $5 billion in revenue, recently migrated their SAS analytics environment to AWS. Cox owns many well-known brands in the automotive industry including Kelley Blue Book, Autotrader, Dealer.com, Dealtrack, Manheim, vAuto, VinSolutions, and many more.
Here’s what Jonathan Matas, Director of Technology said about their migration, “Due to repeated infrastructure downtime on our mission-critical business applications, we needed to migrate our SAS Analytics to the cloud. Our business situation required that it be done quickly and with no risk or downtime. Due to their deep knowledge of SAS and AWS, Core Compete was able to architect and deploy a high available, scalable and cost-effective Cloud Analytics environment for us. And importantly, even though it was a complex environment, Core Compete was able to move the entire legacy application stack to a modern highly available environment in only 13 weeks and with zero downtime. Our important analytical models are benefiting from real-time transactional API services, our data scientists can perform ad-hoc explorations and predictive modeling, and we can efficiently execute batch workloads. In addition, we significantly reduced our operating costs. This SAS migration to AWS delivered significant value to our organization.”
Core Compete is continuing to help companies across industries make the mission-critical transition from their legacy analytics environment to an elastic cloud environment. Whether it’s SAS analytics, or SAS combined with open source or SAS Viya, Core Compete has the deep technical competence and domain expertise to deliver successful end-to-end cloud migration and modernization projects.