Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Defining and validating technical requirements, and establishing traceability between requirements and application architecture/design
- Liaise with Engagement Managers & Technical Managers to identify and engage the right resources needed to ensure the success of project.
- Create work breakdown structures (WBS) or Sprints and collates estimates from all relevant teams, and creates schedules based on estimates and customer/business needs.
- Identifies risks, creates mitigation strategies and plans, and executes them in timely manner, keeps all stakeholders informed about the progress, as well as escalates to the right levels at right times (ensuring zero surprises)
- Handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in a fast-moving environment and must be a self-starter who is excited about technology.
- Responsible for end-to-end project delivery, owns project lifecycle activities within agreed timescales and budgets
- Manage customer expectations through effective communication of timely status updates.
- Communicates with all levels of organization, internal, cross-functional and external, and keeps record
- Drives project management process improvement initiatives, enhancing existing templates or creating new templates, mentoring peers and new employees in organizational processes and standards
- Ensure knowledge upgradation and work with new technologies so that the solution is latest and meets quality standards and the client requirements
Required Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of Delivery Management experience and 10+ years of experience in a technical environment such as AWS, SAS or any other Big Data and Cloud and Analytics technologies
- Ability to understand customer’s business and the underlying objectives behind the project and develop relevant offering to support client need.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of agile concepts and practices.
- Must have lead a data management team with direct reporting responsibilities, expertise in Data Lake projects will be a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a distributed team of developers and product owners to achieve excellent outcomes is essential
- Strong expertise in all aspects of project management and business analysis
- Experience in a custom software development and/ or offshore services company
- Prior experience as a development manager including effort estimation is highly preferred
- Knowledge of Data Analytics and other Cloud technologies like AWS, Azure etc. is preferred
- Have a passion for customer success
- Ability to work comfortably in ambiguous situations and ability to optimize team’s resources to achieve business goals.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences
- The role will require traveling globally up to 25% of the time.
- Bachelor/master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
|Job Category||Sr. Manager /Manager - Delivery|