Service Delivery Manager
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Have a “customer first” orientation and mindset and take care of any customer concerns, complaints or escalations quickly and professionally in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Work closely with the client-facing Service Owner to deliver a high-quality experience to clients.
- The Service Manager may be the designated client-facing Service Owner for smaller accounts.
- Assist the Operations Manager and Service Owner in preparing and conducting monthly and quarterly business reviews with assigned customers. Gather operational statistics and data and assist the Service Owner in building material for the reviews.
- Build and maintain specialized knowledge about the client’s business and architecture including cloud infrastructure, security setup, software platform, operations run-books, key client business and IT personnel and other stakeholders, upcoming projects and initiatives.
- Monitor high priority incidents and escalations closely and work with delivery team for quick resolution. Run an internal technical bridge for major issues until the issue is resolved. Ensure hourly updates are provided. Assist Service Owner in producing updates for client management.
- Draft RCAs and review with Service Owner. Track RCA resolution actions until completion.
- Look for incident and outage trends, recurring issues, service management process issues and identify underlying problems. Monitor incidents for assigned clients and ensure communications and resolution are timely and accurate. Step in if there are miscommunications between delivery engineers and client.
- Maintain and manage a Service Improvement Plan for each client in consultation with Service Owner.
- Provide inputs to delivery manager and service owner for improving CoreCompete ITSM tools, processes and delivery quality.
- Work with delivery manager to maintain a roadmap of future changes, patches and updates for assigned customers. Ensure change notifications and status updates are sent in a timely manner.
- Coordinate the handover of projects from project delivery to managed services teams to ensure a smooth transition and handover. Ensure Managed Services resources are assigned and internal knowledge transfer from Project to Support is planned and executed well. Assist in preparation of operations run-book.
Required Skills and Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in technical areas.
- Good understanding of Cloud, Analytics, Big Data and Virtualization and Networking concepts. AWS and SAS knowledge are desirable. Certifications in above areas are highly desirable.
- ITIL V2 or V3 Foundations certification is mandatory. Advanced certification in any ITIL process areas is a desirable.
- At least three years of work experience in a team lead or managerial capacity in application or infrastructure management services in a mature services organization using integrated ITSM tools for incident, problem, configuration, change and release management.
- This is initially expected to be an Individual Contributor role, with minimal team management.
- Ability to work in the afternoon shift on an ongoing basis with willingness to work beyond regular hours when needed.
- Available on call and willing to work from home in case of major issues.
- The role may require domestic travel up to 10% of the time.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, and having strong working knowledge in Computer Science. Experience is acceptable in lieu of technical degree.
|Job Category||Customer Support|