About Core Compete
Core Compete (www.corecompete.com) is a global cloud analytics firm. With our capabilities in Cloud Data Warehousing, AI & ML Innovation, Analytics Application Modernization, and Intelligent Decisioning, we accelerate value from cloud analytics for global Fortune 1000 companies. Our clients are in financial services, retail, manufacturing, and media. We are growing rapidly with around 300 employees spread across U.S., U.K., and India who specialize in cloud engineering, software engineering, data engineering, managed services, data science, and business consulting. We are a top-tier partner with AWS, Google Cloud, Azure, SAS, Snowflake, Databricks, and others, with 500+ certifications completed by our team members.
Core Compete is looking for a Software Engineer to participate in building enterprise scale distributed systems in diverse technologies using best of breed engineering practices.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Must have at least 2-5 years of experience in a product development environment, building enterprise scale distributed systems
- Experience across different technologies and program languages. Solid development skills in Java and Python
- Experience with microservice architectures in the cloud
- Experience of working with both RDBMS and NO SQL databases, understanding of Data Access patterns, building REST APIs for CRUD operations
- Understanding of scaling applications horizontally and vertically for performance and scale
- Awareness of Design and Coding best practices such as Secure Coding
- Working in an Agile environment using SCRUM or KANBAN
- Ability to multi-task and to adapt quickly to changing requirements, scope and priorities
- Team player and capable of working well with other software engineers
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Understanding of Cloud computing and experience working with one or more major cloud platforms: AWS / GCP / Azure
- Proficient understanding of Git, JIRA
Nice To have:
- Understanding of Source code management strategy, Branching models, CI/CD pipeline and best in class tools for the DevOps tool chain
- Web based application development
- Knowledge on Java script frameworks such as Angular/React.
- Understanding of UI & UX design fundamentals
- Bachelor/master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline