Senior Data Scientist
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead discovery processes with the client to identify the value objectives and the technical business requirements.
- Manage solution and proof of concept efforts. Conduct creative inquiry and analysis to direct research projects related to data, datasets, and data mining applications.
- Support definition of the solution and analytical methodology to address key client business issues.
- Document and lead design reviews, provide input to the design recommendations.
- Manage customer expectations through effective communication of timely status updates. Lead a team of data scientists to develop analytical, statistical and optimization models to support business objectives and deliver value to the client.
- Collaborate with data producers and repository contributors to develop cost-effective and efficient strategies and reliable data streams for managing data.
- Develop dashboards using technologies such as SAS Visual Analytics to develop an automated system for on-going business operations. Develop implementation guidelines, quality control procedures, and documentation for projects.
- Participate in internal projects as required. Supervise 2 Data Scientists.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree (or foreign degree equivalent) in Data Science, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science or related field of study plus 2 years of experience in the job offered or related experience.
- Must have experience or coursework with:
- Advanced analytics (forecasting, data mining, optimization, and reporting) techniques;
- SAS for analytical modeling and data management;
- SAS, Microsoft, Tableau for business applications and Qlik; and
- SQL and Python.
|Job Category||Data Science|