Development Manager– Java
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for end-to-end development of the solution and owns the complete development lifecycle activities within agreed timelines.
- Work closely with the Product Manager, validate the functional requirements and establish traceability between requirements and application architecture/design.
- Responsible for the complete architecture of the solution and ensure that the design follows the industry wide used best practices.
- Liaise with Product Manager, Cloud Engineering Team and Managed Services Team to identify and engage the right resources needed to complete the development of the solution successfully.
- Identifies risks, creates mitigation strategies and plans, and executes them in timely manner, keeps all stakeholders informed about the progress, as well as escalates to the right levels at right times (ensuring zero surprises).
- Write technical documents, support requirements decomposition, coordinate working POCs and evolve to deployable code. Present architecture & designs to peers and Product Owner for approval.
- Develop the functional design and technical design documents and estimate the development tasks. Should conduct sprint planning activities and responsible for the complete development of the solution as per the sprint plan.
- Development of source code of the complex components in accordance with detail solution requirements specifications.
- Responsible for creation of Solution training materials – User, Technical Reference and deployment guides.
- Continue to build and develop a talented team of software engineers.
- Handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in a fast-moving environment and must be a self-starter who is excited about technology.
Required Skills and Experience
- Must have at least 8+ years of proven track record of delivering highly-scalable and reliable solutions through multiple cycles
- Must have experience in complete Project Life Cycle, which includes Requirements analysis, Feasibility Analysis, High Level Design, Low Level Design, Design Reviews, Coding, Testing, Peer Reviews, Implementation and Maintenance.
- Provide competent leadership, and highly specialized and technical guidance to complex solutions architecture challenges, including but not limited to, the evaluation of technologies, including Java and J2EE software.
- Must have experience in executing the development lifecycle using Agile methodology.
- Must have lead development teams with direct reporting responsibilities. Demonstrated ability to work with distributed team of developers and product owners to achieve excellent outcomes is essential
- Hands-on experience in developing applications on multiple Cloud environments, SAS or any other Big Data is a big plus.
- Must have a passion for customer success
- Ability to work comfortably in ambiguous situations and ability to optimize team’s resources to achieve business goals.
- Should have excellent verbal and written communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences
- The role will require travelling globally around 25% of the time.
- Bachelor/master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
|Job Category||A3, A3-Product Development|