Sound United is a San Diego, US based company with a mission to bring joy to the world through sound. It manufactures brands such as: Marantz, Definitive Technology, Classe, Denon, Polk, HEOS and Boston Acoustics that are sold in over 100 countries. Sound United has been selling through the Amazon.com marketplace and wants to maximize their growth through this channel. Sound United, through their Amazon.com channel advisor – Marketplace Explained, sought a technology partner to provide a scalable solution for data: acquisition, ingestion, transformation, data marts and reports.
Sound United were facing several challenges with regard to getting timely and reliable data on their Amazon.com presence. This led to a difficulty in managing their Amazon.com presence in a profitable manner. Sound United sought a partner that can help them with best practices to improve revenue and profitability in this channel.
Core Compete developed a solution leveraging Google VPC, Cloud Storage, Big Query and Data Studio. This solution was developed in 3 months and provides the following capabilities:
- Automated daily scraping of price, product and seller information from Amazon.com
- Automated download of data from Amazon.com Vendor Central dashboards
- Automated upload of internal product and sales data (of other channels)
- Ad-hoc analysis of the data to support different business insights
- Standard dashboards that support a 360 degree view of the channel comprising of: customer, inventory and product availability, pricing, competition and benchmarking against other channels
The solution now provides Sound United fast access to KPI’s that allow them to better understand the true state of their business across a broad set of eCommerce business metrics . This enables them to improve revenue capture through more profitable decisions involving inventory management, pricing and Amazon ad spending.